Monday, June 4, 2012

What I've Been Up To...

Wow, it has been WAY too long since my last post.  It's been a very busy few months!  I've been keeping busy with the photography I'm doing for work.  The first shoot was a group shot for a Early Childcare course we have.  It turned out great and will be featured in our Annual Report, so I'm excited about that.  I had the opportunity to go off site and shoot the launch of the report on the Family Resource Centres from the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.  It was an amazing event and I was able to get some great shots.  The Program Director from the Family Support Program was very happy with my photos, again, that made me very happy!  The most recent shoot I had at work was the big group staff photo!  It's tricky to shoot a group of 45 people but it turned out pretty good.  I also shot the management team photo.  One of each will be in the Annual Report!  I'm so stoked.  The Executive Director and her assistant told me they are the best photo's that they've ever had done, better than professional photographer's they've hired in the past so that definitely made my day!  I will post the link to our website when the AR is put up! 

I had a chance to take a photography seminar from a couple really great Manitoba photographers (one of them was a Master Photographer) and it was awesome!  I learned so much and have been playing around with some of my newly acquired "skills".  Before the seminar I hadn't taken many photos so it was nice to get inspired and motivated again!  There are so many cool things that I'm going to be trying in the near future and I will be sharing them with you, aren't you excited??  :)  I'm becoming more comfortable using my Manual settings.  It's scary at first but you learn quickly.  Tyler's friend Trevor gave me my first lesson just after I got my camera and said "from now on you will shoot in P, nothing below that".  All the settings below are all presets and that's just cheating!  LOL  Since the seminar I've started shooting in the higher manual settings on the dial and I'm loving it!  So much to factor in but it just gives you that extra element of control over the photo.  Exposure, aperture, shutter speed, oh my!  ;)

A friend of mine and her family came to Winnipeg and I was able to go see them for a bit and had a 5 minute photo shoot with their little baby Celeste!  It was literally 5 minutes because she got hungry and Kaelynne was getting into everything into their hotel room but I still managed to get a few cute shots.

I stumbled across this really cool photography project in the Metro one day, read more about it at www.aday.org.  People were asked to set up a profile, take pictures of their daily lives on May 15th and then post them onto the site.  It's SO cool and should be done soon so you can view everyone's photos from that day from all around the world.  I submitted 3 pictures and am stoked to look through the site when they're done compiling everything!  

Stay tuned for my first attempt at a Maternity Shoot (which ended up being 2 parts)...

Hopefully this time it won't be MONTHS between posts.  Happy Summer everyone!!  Get out there and SHOOT!

Daffodil's from a co-worker! - March 2012 (94)

Daffodils - March 2012 (95)

Miss Celeste - March 2012 (96)

Miss Celeste - March 2012 (97)

Miss Celeste - March 2012 (98)

Chevelle (she's going to be famous on aday.org)! - May 2012 (99)

Our Street (I was so happy there weren't any cars parked on the street!) aday.org entry - May 2012 (100)



No comments:

Post a Comment