For Shop class and Home Ec we were bused to Earl Grey's neighboring town Southey. In Shop class we had different areas we could work in from semester to semester. There was wood working, welding, drafting and photography. I did the wood working and enjoyed it. Drafting was boring so I would end up with some of my friends who were doing photography. I did the welding but again ended up in the darkroom. Then, of course, I fully completed the photography part of the course! LOL.
We took black and white pictures with a 35mm Pentax camera. We learned a bit about aperture, shutter speed, lighting, focusing, etc. Most of all we just went out and had fun, goofed off and learned by just doing it.
Our instructor Mr. Morman would develop our film and then we had to develop our pictures in the dark room. (Which is one of my favorite things to do and I would love to have a dark room of my own one day!) I always loved the smell of the chemicals in the darkroom. Being able to control and manipulate the print and using certain parts of an image from the film was so cool. Then I loved watching it come to life as it sat in the chemical. A lot of good pictures came out of that darkroom along with a lot of great memories.
Instead of learning about drafting and welding, I was taking pictures or hiding out in the darkroom with my friends. Doing things my own way, because I was a know-it-all bratty teenager! I'll never forget Mr. Morman's shop class in Southey! I learned volumes whether I knew it or not at the time. For that, I am forever grateful!
My next camera will be an old 35mm Pentax.
January pictures...
 |
| Sunset - January 2012 (10) |
 |
| Sunset - January 2012 (11) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - January 2012 (12) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - January 2012 (13) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - January 2012 (14) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - January 2012 (15) |
 |
| Hoarfrost pine - January 2012 (16) |
 |
| Sunset - January 2012 (17) |
 |
| Sunset - January 2012 (18) |
 |
| Moon star - January 2012 (19) |
 |
| Before dark - January 2012 (20) |
 |
| Before dark - January 2012 (21) |
 |
| After sunset - January 2012 (22) |
 |
| Kaelynne - January 2012 (23) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - January 2012 (24) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - BW with colour highlight - January 2012 (25) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - January 2012 (26) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - January 2012 (27) |
 |
| Kaelynne - January 2012 (28) |
 |
| Hoarfrost - January 2012 (29) |
No comments:
Post a Comment