Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 365 Challenge Week 1

Happy New Year!  I'm so pumped about this new challenge and have been itching to share the first week with you! 

I've had a lot of requests again for prints from my blog!  Just a reminder if you'd like to order any please e-mail me at photographybyginalmayor@gmail.com for a price list and ordering information.  Also if you haven't been by my Facebook page yet it's https://www.facebook.com/PhotographyByGinaLMayor.  While you're there "Like" it!  After you hit Like let me know that you found me through my blog.  

I'd like to say a special HELLO to all of my international viewers!  I've had people from all around the world checking out my blog  since I started it almost a year ago and I think that is amazing, so THANK YOU! 

Without further adieu, here are the photos from the first week of my new challenge.  The daily shot ideas come from a site I frequent and they get released weekly.  

Day 1 - January 1st, 2013 - "Favorite Recipes".
For those of you who don't know, I am not the cook in our house, my husband is.  So when I saw this topic for the shot of the day I had to chuckle.  It just so happened I made Kaelynne pancakes from a box that morning so I thought it was fitting.  Shot using my 50mm lens.


Day 2 - January 2, 2013 - "Hot Chocolate".
I had a little fun playing with reflection in this shot.  I woke up early with this vision of hot chocolate and a fire place.  Seeing how we don't have a fire place I had to use my imagination.  Good thing Shaw still has their Fire Log on TV.  I might have to post the picture of how this was all set up, it's a bit comical...when an artist has a vision!  I used my tripod and my 18-55mm lens.  


Day 3 - January 3, 2013 - "Something Out Of Place".
Kaelynne cleaned up her books the other day, a little something extra got tucked away in there.  I used my silver reflector and 18-55mm lens for this shot.

Day 4 - January 4, 2013 - "Tree With No Leaves".
Living in Winnipeg, it's easy to find a tree with no leaves!  I wanted to make sure I either made it out for sunrise or sunset.  The good thing about Winter is sunset is around 8:00 a.m. so I walked down the street and got this shot in the morning.  My 55-250mm lens was used for this shot.


Day 5 - January 5, 2013 - "A Wish".
This is my wish/intention box that I made myself at Brushfire.  So far I've only put a few wishes/intentions in this year.  I thought of about 5 more laying awake in bed last night so I know it will fill up quickly.  This was shot with my 18-55mm lens.
Day 6 - January 6, 2013 - "A Silly Face".
What's better than one silly face?  Two silly faces!  Our poor daughter had such a bad cold when I took this picture, her face is red and raw but she was a good sport and posed silly like for Mum.  This is about the only picture my husband actually liked being in I think.  I'm so proud...yes, these two are all mine!  This was shot with my 50mm lens using my Speedlite 320EX flash.
Day 7 - January 7, 2013 - "Your High School Senior Photo".
I had to get my Mum to scan and e-mail this picture to me.  It made me laugh because a few months ago I had my hair all chopped off to about the length in this lovely photo.  Good old Class of 2000!  This is a photo of my computer screen taken with my 50mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment