As Blink 182 said, "A day late, a buck short, on writing the report..." I am a day late on getting this blog post up. Better late than never? I hope so. :)
Okay, so this week was fun, a little tricky at times because the weather did not cooperate with me on the days I needed it too. All in all, it was a good time though! So far I'm really enjoying this years challenge. It's been a great way to try new things, play with settings on my camera, use my tripod, have fun with my reflectors and this past week I utilized my studio for a shot. It's a learning and growing experience.
Yesterday a friend of mine from Saskatchewan sent me a message wanting to know if I would be interested in her Grandmother's camera equipment that she inherited. It's a Nikon F65 SLR 35mm film camera! It comes with two lenses (70-300mm and 28-100mm), 4 rolls of professional film and a camera bag. I've been wanting a 35mm film camera since I took my first photography class in high school! I jumped on the opportunity like white on rice. I'm SO thrilled about it and cannot wait to get my hands on my new camera. Anyone coming to Winnipeg from Regina soon??
 |
Day 8 - January 8th, 2013 - "Crayon". Kaelynne, my daughter, LOVES to colour so it was easy to have a chance to photograph a crayon. This shot was taken with my 50mm lens, natural light. |
 |
Day 9 - January 9th, 2013 - "Bedhead". It's so dark when I get up in the morning that I decided to go down to my studio to get this shot. I set up my tripod and used my remote. I stretched and yawned and ended up with this beauty! LOL! Shot in my studio, using my tripod, remote and 50mm lens. |
 |
Day 10 - January 10, 2013 - "What's in Your Coat Pockets". I feel so boring because I never have anything in my coat pockets except my keys and my iPhone. I'm not one to keep anything in my pant pockets either. Then I never have to check them when I do laundry! :) This shot was taken using my tripod, 18-55mm lens and natural light with the exposure turned up. |
 |
Day 11 - January 11, 2013 - "A Natural Heart Shape". Originally I wanted to go on a nature walk to find a natural heart shape in the woods or something but it was way too cold and windy to do that. So I took my camera into work and used one of my friends plants to capture this natural heart shape. Taken with my 18-55mm lens, using natural light. |
 |
Day 12 - January 12, 2013 - "Sun Flare". This shot was taken downtown Winnipeg. That's the Boyd Medical Building on the left. I was lucky enough to catch the sun rising over the pharmacy in the morning. This was taken with my 18-55mm lens. |
 |
Day 13 - January 13, 2013 - "The Last Book You Finished". This was our last Book Club pick. It was interesting, nothing like I've ever read before. Very "noir". It's the lone book on my book shelf as I have not unpacked my books yet. This was shot with my 55-250mm lens using my gold reflector to enhance the natural light. |
 |
Day 14 - January 14, 2013 - "A Map". This is a map that is at my work. It shows were our Family Support Workers have come from. I think it's really cool. When I saw this days topic was a map I knew exactly which map I wanted to capture. Taken with my 18-55mm lens using natural light. |
No comments:
Post a Comment