Tuesday, April 23, 2013

2013 365 Challenge Week 12

Day 78 - March 19, 2013 - "Happy"
I really dislike the shadow in this picture however Kaelynne insisted I use the pop-up flash...who am I to argue with a 2.5 year old?  There are actually a lot of things I don't like about this picture, but it depicts exactly what the topic was, Happy!  And...Kaelynne looks so dang cute, so I went with it.  LOL  :)

Day 79 - March 19, 2013 - "Cake"
There are actually two "Cake" shots in the week.  Not sure if it was a mistake on the CMP end when they came up with the shots for the week but again, who am I to argue??  This cake was made for two good friends of mine who celebrated their birthday together.  I got the idea from my lovely cousin and best friend Kristy...we're no longer friends.  LOL!  Just kidding.  It was a lot of work though.  I decided to make it completely from scratch with the recipe that is on the Whisk Kid blog.  http://www.whisk-kid.com/2009/08/say-it-with-cake.html  It turned out really well but next time I will cheat and use white cake mix and my own icing recipe.  This cake is SO much fun though, who doesn't love a rainbow??

Day 80 - March 21, 2013 - "Friendship"
This is Xander and Kaelynne.  They go to daycare together and are such great friends.  Tyler and I are good friends with Xander's parents.  Xander came over for his 3 year photo shoot and afterwards had some play time with Kaelynne so I made sure to get this shot while he was over.  Can't wait to show this to them when they're older.  Maybe even at their wedding...I cannot confirm or deny that there is an arranged marriage here.  LOL!

Day 81 - March 22, 2013 - "Glitter"
This is a little note pad with glitter butterflies on it that was given to me as part of a Christmas gift from my Executive Director at work.  I think it's so cute and I love it.  

Day 82 - March 23, 2013 - "Cake"
I didn't lie about this...there really were two "Cake" topics this week.  This is a cake I baked and decorated for Easter dinner at Tyler's Grandma's house.  Inside this lovely creation is a polka dot cake which was also an idea from my lovely cousin and best friend Kristy...see we really are still friends!  I used a white cake mix instead of making it from scratch.  I think it turned out pretty well for my first time decorating a cake with an icing kit!  I may be nesting...just tad.  ;)

Day 83 - March 24, 2013 - "Celebrate"
From left to right this is Me (Gina L. Mayor), and my two wonderful friends Elizabeth and Gina.  We went out for a girls night to Celebrations Dinner Theatre.  We had such a great time, lots of laughs were had that night.  I obviously didn't take this picture, our waiter did...who happens to be a friend of mine that I went to broadcasting school with.  Thanks Barney!

Day 84 - March 25, 2013 - "Your Child's Favorite"
This is Kaelynne's favorite toy.  She loves Tato Head.  She's one of my favorites too. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment